Frequently asked questions regarding Weddings:-

What happens when you first make contact? I have compiled a Portfolio aimed at
giving you all the information you need to make an informed choice on your Marriage Celebrant.
After all, it is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.

For your copy of the Marriage Portfolio, please call me on 0417 800 548 and I will email or
post to you. Or, we can make an obligation free time to meet to discuss the contents of the
Marriage Portfolio. This is an important step to see if I am the right Marriage Celebrant for you.

What if you want to book me as your Marriage Celebrant?
That's wonderful, thank you!
OK, so now its time to start the celebration.

What will we discuss at our first meeting and what do I need to bring?
I will be asking lots of questions and doing lots of listening so that we can establish what kind
of ceremony you are looking for, including discussing sample poems, sample music, wedding
symbols etc. We commence working on your first draft of your ceremony. It's exciting!

We will also look to complete the NOIM (Notice of Intended Marriage) which must be lodged
with the celebrant no less than one month and one day and no more than eighteen months
prior to the wedding date. Remember, my role as Marriage Celebrant is to guide you through
 the legal aspects of getting married so do not stress with any of this.

(Under normal circumstances the NOIM would be completed at the first meeting. However if
only one of you is available to sign the NOIM there is no problem providing it is signed within the statutory period. The second person can sign it at a later date before the marriage takes place.)

When completing the NOIM, I will need to sight both your original Birth Certificates. If born
outside Australia, you are required to show your birth certificate or passport from your country
of birth. If either of you have been widowed or divorced, I must also sight the original death
or divorce certificate so you must bring these along.

A deposit is also required at the first meeting to reserve my services for your Wedding Day.
Thank you very much!

Are further meetings required?
Yes, I like to hold at least one other meeting to ensure your ceremony is exactly how you like it.

At every stage of developing your ceremony I am available (by email, phone or meetings) to offer feedback, discuss further options and offer suggestions.

It is best to have the ceremony completed well in advance of the actual day to make your special
day worry free and totally enjoyable for all involved.

Do you need a rehearsal?
Yes - it is preferred that you have a rehearsal with all participants in the week leading up to your
big day so that everyone is feeling happy and relaxed and gives you a chance to ask questions.

As well, both of you will be required to sign a Declaration, stating that you believe there is no legal impediment to the marriage. It is usual that this be done at the rehearsal.

What are the legal requirements?
My role as Marriage Celebrant is to guide you through the process.
  • You must complete a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form in the correct time frame (usually done at our first meeting).
  • You are required to show your original birth certificates to complete the NOIM plus if either of you have been widowed or divorced, the original death or divorce certificate.
  • You must be over 18 years of age to marry in Australia.
  • You must complete a Declaration (normally done at rehearsal).
  • You must have two witnesses over the age of 18 years to witness your wedding ceremony.
  • The correct legal wording must be included in your ceremony - leave that up to me.
  • Bride and Groom plus two witnesses and marriage celebrant to sign the Marriage Certificate.
What happens on our Wedding Day?
You relax and enjoy the most memorable day of your lives.
I will arrive 30 minutes prior to your ceremony and set up PA system (and help calm the nerves of the Groom)!
I will deliver a beautiful and personalised ceremony for you both.
I will ensure the correct legal wording is included in the ceremony.
You will sign a Certificate of Marriage to make your marriage official. (You will sign 3 x copies.
1 copy is sent to Births, Deaths and Marriages office, 1 copy will stay with the celebrant and the
other copy is yours).
I will pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the Bride!

Do I travel to remote locations?
Of course! I love to travel to remote locations and/or another State of Australia to perform ceremonies.

I am happy to book my own flights and accommodation, with costs to be paid by the Bride and Groom. These costs would be added to my Invoice and required to be paid 14 days prior to your wedding day.

Do I offer pre-marriage counselling?
 I do not offer pre-marriage counselling. However I will provide you with a list of people who offer pre-marriage counselling and believe that this is beneficial for all couples to look into.

Happy Wedding Day.